Welcome to the Forum

Creating an account is currently only possible via registration at SimFin.

bulk download by date

Hey ,
I'm looking for a way to download the database , but filter the data by date , for example , get just data from the last 2 years (to keep the file smaller) . Is that possible ? I couldn't find this option anywhere.

Comments

• Hi,

this is not yet supported unfortunately.

Are the files too large to first load them in Python for example and cut the unneeded periods out there?

Regards

Thomas
  • I'm working of the file now - filtering the time periods in python .
    I'm using your python parser and then going over the lines and taking only lines from the last 2 years (using the xls writer I sent you)
    It takes about 30 minutes to go over the entire DB and only write relevant lines to xlsx.
    using 10GB of RAM in the process.
    I can live with that, but it would be nice to have this feature as right now about 95% of the data I'm downloading/processing is stuff I don't need.
  • My bad - the filtering wasn't working - so it was including all data - I didn't notice the format of the time period string is different when using extended fundamental vs. regular fundamentals .
    I'll fix that and redo the xlsx build process.
  • The time period string is different? ok weird, I'll take a look, I mean it should be the same format.
  • it's daily vs. quarterly - i.e. 31-12-2016 vs Q4-2016.
Sign In to comment.