Welcome to the Forum

Creating an account is currently only possible via registration at SimFin.

Web API V2 & new datasets released

Comments

• edited January 17
    I have noticed that there are some derived values that were obtainable in v1 of the web api, but are not obtainable in v2. For example, "Enterprise value" and "Market Cap".
    In v2 I am also missing somewhere where I can consult what statements are available for a particular company.
    In v2, I can retrieve general company information, where an industryId is given, but I am not able to identify the industry from the api v2 itself. I have to download it from the industry dataset.

Are you planning on adding these features to v2 at some stage?
    Is v1 still going to be available or will you shut it down at some stage?

By the way, overall... great work! Keep it up!
  • Thanks for the feedback, some good points!

You can get Enterprise Value and Market Cap via the share price data end point by adding &ratios to the call, see here: https://simfin.com/api/v2/documentation/#tag/Company/paths/~1companies~1prices/get

Displaying the ratios is a SimFin+ feature though in API v2.

In v2 I am also missing somewhere where I can consult what statements are available for a particular company.
    In v2, I can retrieve general company information, where an industryId is given, but I am not able to identify the industry from the api v2 itself.

Good points, I think we can add this.

There is no plan to shut down v1 right now as some people are still using it but there won't be any "new" features for it.
Sign In to comment.